Monday, December 12, 2011

Hotter in White Socks

So when I restarted this blog, i didn't really have any direction in specific regards to what I was going to write about.
Which I think has served a greater purpose as now I can speak about pretty much whatever I damn well please.
It also allows me to incorporate past memories that have since be either blocked out or forgotten. The blocked ones are probably not going to be shared. Hence why they are blocked and not just forgotten. But forgotten memories always have a way of coming back when you are prompted by a reminder. Often it's always something small or a daily task, but just at that in particular time it reminds you of something funny, or dumb, or stupid or something said by someone stupid that sounds so dumb its actually funny. This is one of those times.
Now this is something that was said by someone stupid, or in this case, 2 stupid people, that sounds so dumb while they are saying it that it was incredibly funny.
First, let me example my memory jog.
As always, I'm scrambling to find socks in the morning. I'm one of those individuals that doesn't believe in pairing socks once they are washed, but rather go through the frustration and time consuming task of pairing them as needed. Not a bright move, but it does become sort of a habit as you go. Who likes pairing socks? Who likes folding either? I recently started hanging t-shirts cause I just became against folding. Best decision of life by the way. I suggest you try it.
Anyway, while searching for a pair of socks to wear to work(black dress socks for those interested), my memory jog kicked in and I suddenly remembered about one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard in a social setting. Anddddd I have heard a few.
I am at a party and there is a beirut tournament, or beer pong for the classless beer drinker. Now, while patiently awaiting my turn at the table I noticed 2 guys sitting there commenting back and forth at each and motioning to a girl who happened to be playing at the time. They spoke for a while, the whole time just watching this girl play and chatting back and forth. They kept pointing at the floor or somewhere at the bottom of the table. I just thought there was a giant spill on the floor and someone was about to step in it. Or maybe they have found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I don't know, everyone was pretty much hammered. Once her game had ended, they turned to each other, nodded and called her over. Fresh off a victory she bounces over and asks them, "What's up?" They hesitate for a little bit then turn to the girl and say, "You are pretty hot, but just to let you know, you would be way hotter in white socks instead of black."
This is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard by 2 of the most stupid individuals, and guess what, ya, it was definitely funny!
Well now this poor girl didn't really know what to say. And I know this because I decided to ask her for her input so i could finish my blog. At first she was caught off guard and didn't really know how to take it. Was it a compliment? An insult? A suggestion? Still though, her response was an excellent and pretty quick considering the amount of booze that was flying around that night, "Once you go black, You never go back!"
Heeyyyyoooooo, Jungle Fever!
I just couldn't believe how dumb this actual sounds! Of all the things that you could comment one, you choose socks. And you didn't even go with the classic sock line! you know which one I'm talking about. What a couple losers, couple idiots. Couldn't believe just exactly how dumb their drunk talk is! Maybe the have a foot fetish? Or maybe they are attracted to girls with white socks? And why couldn't they have been one of the philosopher drunks? Or a stumbling babbling drunk? One of the fun ones you know? Instead these idiots, become the dumb drunks. Now, I'll admit, I have been the dumb drunk, lately more of a dancing drunk, but it was rather interesting to see what it is like from a different point of view. Where do you come up with the idea to mention to someone that they would look hotter if they had wore white socks instead of black? It doesn't make any sense! Bah, who knows.
I think I need to start making some better memories so next time I'm looking for socks I don't get reminded of that gem of a comment.
Or, I could just start pairing my socks after washing and put this memory in the blocked category.

1 comment:

  1. this entry is terrible, and i have no idea why it posted with the white background

    ReplyDelete