Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Second, Please Hold

I hate it.

Having to wait while on the phone. I especially hate waiting with cell phone companies. It's terrible. How do you do it?

I do not like being put on hold for any reason, well unless your making some kind of food for me and you smell it burning, then yes it's acceptable to put me on hold to tend to the food.

Still though, and this entry is specifically directed at cell phone companies because you guys make me nervous.

If you are someone answering the phone in a customer service role and you don't know the answer or you do not have the right job title to complete what needs to be completed, why are you even there? What service are you providing to the world by answering the phone, listing to my story, saying your going to speak with your manager, throwing me on hold, they saying you can't do what I'm asking, and in the end you pass me on to someone else who can do what I want to do, but I still have to restate my story and problem and get put on hold at least one more time. Wouldn't it just be easier to fire these people and skip the middle person crap and actually provide proper customer service? Rather than build a terrible reputation for yourself, why not fix the issue? Or better yet, give the people who are answering the phones the ability to complete the "difficult tasks"? Or why do you put me on hold to speak with the manager and then i have to restate everything again? Why not take notes while I'm speaking? Or better yet, actually remember what I'm saying?

I once had a cell phone company tell me I didn't select a text message plan, then tell me that the package I signed up for included text messages but they couldn't reverse the charges because the bundle was signed up afterward. I have been with the same company, almost the exact same plan since 2006. When I went to capitalize on my phone upgrade, which was a fiasco in itself and I do not want to explain that head ache, I double checked everything and made sure that I texts on it. I am one of those individuals that prefers a blackberry over and iphone for the simple reason that I can't stand touch screens. But I made sure that I had texts cause not everyone has bbm. Odd part about the whole thing, the first month I had no issues, the 4 months after I did.

Every month for 4 months I had to continually call in and beg and plead with them to reverse the charges. What a pain in the ass. Plus on top of it all, I had to wait about an hour each time with them just to have this shit reversed and 90% of it was spent on hold the other 9% was spent me telling the story and the 1% was them actually doing something. That's just terrible.

How do you allow your company to pull stuff like this? It horrible. But as long as the technology is around these dilemmas will always be around. Should just get BG to burn everything down and we just start from scratch.

That's my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment