Monday, December 26, 2011

Top Christmas Movies

I decided that I should mention a few things about Christmas movies.
They always give you that great feeling about Christmas and blah blah blah
Let me know what you think and if I missed any
Ok here goes,

These are in no particular order so rank 'em yourself

Home Alone 2
specifically Home Alone 2. Home Alone 1 was good, but 2 was better. Plus Tim Curry and Rob Schneider join in on the fun. Nothing better than some of the one liners in this flick. And how many times have you quoted "Howdy-do, this is Peter McCallister, the Father." Seriously?

Please Note: Home Alone 3 is terrible and is a waste of film

Elf
I love this movie. Buddy the Elf is just incredible. Guy can do anything. He even saves Christmas. I think this is one Will Ferrell' best flicks and it just so happens to be a wicked Christmas movie as well. Mind you, if Talladega Nights or Anchorman was filmed during the Christmas season, they may edge Elf out. I'm just sayin....

Christmas Story
Who can leave out this one?? Ralphie in his fuzzy pink pyjamas, and those unreal black framed glasses. He's got the sweet part in his hair that every guy has had as a kid. He gets a Red Ryder BB Gun and of course he hurts himself using it, just like any of us would. And of course he tries to cover it up by blaming it on something else so he wouldn't lose the gun, just like any of us would. This movie is a classic. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so.

Bad Santa
Amazing Christmas movie. Just goes to show that there can be a Christmas Miracle for anyone. Even a drunk, psychotic, nut case, impersonating a Santa Claus, while crashing in a stranger's house and convincing a sick elderly woman the he his Santa along with her 8-9 year old grandson, just so he can rob a mall with his side kick who is impersonating an elf. Just smashed a run on sentence, but that's the movie.

Die Hard
I'm pretty sure this was around Christmas. And if I'm not mistaken, John McClane attends a Christmas party for his ex-wife. I think. You can check I'm lazy

Christmas with The Kranks
This is a great movie about some overly nosey neighbours who just can't keep from getting involved with one families decision to go south for Christmas. If I'm going on vacation and you bother me about not celebrating, I would probably tell BG to kill you

The Muppets Christmas Carol
Of course I would include The Muppets! Love these guys! There's just something about a Muppet movie that just makes you feel like a kid again, no matter how old you are. And you got to love cheering for them on whatever adventure they are on. For some reason there is always some kind of adversity for these fabric heroes to conquer.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tim Burton classic was way ahead of it's time. It's way more popular now, that it was in the early 90's. I remember watching this as a youngster and being scared to death because I thought Santa was going to die. And not knowing that movies were fake I always thought the boogie man was gonna get me. Still a good Christmas movie tho

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Clark Griswold and his family on one of their vacations. This is one of the best of the Griswold's vacation. Who can resist Chevy Chase fantasize about a smoking hot babe swimming in pool. Well you watch that scene for the babe and not really much else. This has also sparked international house lights competition when Clark goes nuts about covers his house with 1000's of lights

Scrooged
Starring Bill Fuckin' Murray
Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment