Thursday, December 22, 2011

I love this weather! BUT I'm totally against Global Warming

I had a very interesting conversation today. (And that sentence could be one of those sentences that has 1 million very's, you know like when you were a kid? Anyways)

The conversation started off like any other. Usual banter and what not.

Obviously, I like to come up with random everyday topics to help the conversation continue while I try to figure out whatever it is I'm doing on my computer. So, I choose the amazing weather that we had today. This individual started to just blab about how awesome the weather is. The sunshine is incredible. I can't believe it. I walked here today it was so nice out. Just on and on and on about how excellent the weather was.

Being the smart ass that I am, I decided to just flat out say, "Kinda makes ya think Global Warming isn't a bad thing, eh?"

Yes, I said it exactly like that.

This person responds with, "Please explain."

I spoke about how it is unusual to have this weather and it could be related to the whole global warming thing and blah blah blah. Nothing offensive. I didn't really pick a side. I didn't defend anything and I said it in a very joking manner.

Immediately without hesitation, "You are misinformed. Global Warming is a very REAL issue and it affects everything and in 10,000 years the world will be gone."

"But you still like the weather right?"

This complete maniac wants to save the world 10,000 years from. As far as the Mayans are concerned, we have less than a year left. So what's the worry about 10,000 years from now? Keep in mind, I don't exactly remember the number the person said and I don't really care about what the actually figure is, I just picked 10,000 years because it's a nice round number. And if you feel the need to correct me with the exact figures, please think before you post and ask yourself if you enjoyed the weather today?

You can't enjoy the warm December weather if you are going to ridicule me about cracking a joke about global warming. Within 30 seconds of expressing feelings about how wicked the walk in was, this person does a huge 180 and starts going on about it. If you want to fight global warming, move to the Equator and fight. Move there. You jerk. Toronto has amazing weather, you love it, then you complain about the issue that is global warming, which does not even affect our generation and if the Mayans are right doesn't even matter? C'mon man, give your head a shake.

I know I may get back lash about this, but to be honest, I don't care. Go ahead. Let me hear it. I could talk about other facts and argue them. Pick one. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment