Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My 25th Birthday, 25 Day Celebration

A friend of mine came up with the genius idea of going out for 25 days in a row to celebrate our 25th birthdays.

Like a sucker, I said yes. 

Now here where the ground rules. 
1.) Must go out every night for 25 days straight 
2.) Must have a least one drink every time you go out

Pretty straight forward nothing too fancy. 

Now about this 25 day celebration. I did complete it. Woohoo to me

I did have an idea to sit here and write about everything that I did, the places I went, everything. 

But, 

I decided to just say this about the experience... 

If someone asks you to do this, call them a degenerate and say NO! 

When it first started I was all about it. Couldn't wait to get out of the house to do something, anything. Didn't matter what. As time went on, exhaustion started to set in. Didn't really want to do it any more. I was pretty  much forcing my way out of the house. And then when my buddy skipped a day, o man. That was it. 
I wanted to quit everyday after that, but knowing I was only 10 days away from completing this and also having the ability to hold this over his head for the rest of our lives...I had to finish. 

I was going to share all the places I went. I actually even started to make tabs on the places I went, but after 14 days I just gave up on keeping track of that. 

I will say that to end off the 25 days, me and a group of friends went to Buffalo on a Saturday night before a Bills game. It was an interesting night, including a 5 A.M. unscheduled wake up call and a walk to a nice little restaurant in a grimy part of Buffalo. 

Moral of the blog entry, if someone asks you to celebrate anything 25 days in a row, tell them to fack off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment